Every day, our recruiters speak to dentists who want to know more about a career as a dentist in the Netherlands. But what do our recruiters want to see in a candidate? Of course, we treat and assess each candidate individually, but the 3 main pillars are always personality, dental skills and language skills.
Let’s break each of these pillars down:
- You are going to a new country, so you are adventurous!
- You like to work in a team
- You are flexible and can handle possible setbacks
- You have a positive mindset
- You are eager to develop as a dentist and show a pro-active attitude in the dental clinic
- You take the typical Dutch weather for granted
We select both new graduates and dentists with more experience.
As a (recently graduated) dentist, you feel confident about at least the basic treatments within general dentistry, such as check-ups, fillings, root canal treatments, extractions, periodontics and simple prosthodontics. You are able to perform these basic treatments without difficulties and without guidance from colleagues in the clinic.
As a newly graduated dentist, it is not yet required to perform more advanced treatments such as complex rehabilitation cases, re-endos or complicated extractions. However, it is important that you have good knowledge of the theory of these treatments and that you can gradually start performing more advanced treatments.
- You have a good command of English
- Knowledge of other languages is preferred
- You like learning a new language
Nationality and dentistry degree
Normally, we are looking for dentists with an EU nationality and an EU degree in Dentistry.
However, if you hold a non-EU nationality, but you have obtained your degree in Dentistry at an European university, we could apply for a sponsorship, provided you meet the above-mentioned requirements as well.
Do you recognize yourself in the profile above and are you the dentist we’re looking for? Or do you have any questions? Get in touch with me by clicking here!